Monday, March 18, 2013

Phew!

Could anyone have told me that promoting your own business is such hard work? ;-)

From getting my  business cards delivered, to establishing my brand, I've now focused on reaching out to my social media sites these past few days.  And, I can honestly say that I'm mentally exhausted after all of this!!! But guess what?  It's all worth it in the end, and I know that I will be successful. 

But I need to ask each of you: what do you think is the most visited or seen social media site out there today?  Is it still facebook?  Twitter?  Google+?  Any input would be appreciated, as I'm still 'learning' how to actually advertise (and not socialize) on social media! 

Thanks!!

4 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, at this point it seems to be Facebook is the most visited social media site at this point. Many have tried to overtake it but they have a strong hold with everyone from young kids to even grandparents. Both Twitter and G+ have their unique cult of people that love and use those sites exclusively (kind of like people who love Apple) however their numbers are nowhere near as high as Facebook's monthly active user numbers.

    If you want to reach the most amount of people you most likely will have to connect via all the social media sites you have mentioned mentioned.

    One thing you can try to take advantage of whats trending on each site to tailor you advertising for example Facebook has the whole throwback Thursday thing where you could bring back an old product for that day only and G+ has the whole whats hot section where you can get an idea of whats going on each day of that site and what trends are happening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kent!

      Thanks for the insights, I'll make sure I try to keep up with the trends on each site! It'll be daunting, but I'm sure I can get the hang of it.

      Nyki

      Delete
  2. All of the social media sites have their perks. I don't think you should be going for the biggest, rather the one your customers are using. Pinterest would be the best one for accessories.

    Though when it comes to paid advertisements, I'd go with Facebook. Just my take on it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Blaire!

      You're absolutely right, I really need to focus on finding those social media sites that lend themselves more to handcrafted items. I'll be looking out for them! Thanks for the advice.

      Nyki

      Delete