Monday, April 22, 2013

Spring is finally here! (i think lol)

Hi everyone, I'm back! :-)

I know it's been a while since I last posted on my blog, but things have been pretty crazy here the past week/week and a half.  Between working my full time job (I'm an engineer for the Army), taking care of a VERY healthy and active 2 year old, and catching up on orders, I haven't had time to do pretty much anything outside of that! Blah right?! Ugh, I really think I should just quit my job and become a full time crafter and a stay at home mom ... but that's a whole other issue -_-

But on another note, I've been doing some serious thinking here .... I really need to figure out what it's going to take to get more fans attracted to my product and store.  What is it that will create brand loyalty and keep the sales increasing on a daily basis?  That's the roadblock that I've come to right now and I'm really unsure as to what it will take to get me over this hump.  I thought that I had it all figured out, when sales were increasing and the store was buzzing, but what happened?  Why did I fall into this rut?

I know I have great products, and I know that I do have a few loyal customers, but how do I continually increase my area of advertising?  Any sound advice would be greatly appreciated!  And just to put it out there, I have invested in handbooks on how to sell better on Etsy, how to market myself better on social media, and everything else along those lines.  I honestly think that maybe it's best that I take a step away from all of these sources and just ask YOU!  What do you think will bring you back more and more, AND attract new customers? I think I'm just plain -->



(I thought this picture was hilarious!  It's always the little things that bring a smile to my face). 

Ok, so lets move on to some interesting stuff now :-)  In the midst of the whirlwind that me and my family have been operating in these past few weeks, I have been able to come up with some pretty cool ideas that I am thinking of introducing into the store within coming weeks.  I attended my cousin's wedding back home in New Jersey this past weekend, and there were so many different things that inspired new projects.  I can't let the cat out of the bag here, but I will tell you that it will catch your eye!  Maybe this is what will take Passionate Knitting over the edge?? hmmmm .... If not, guess what? I'll try try again :-)

Aside from that, I'm still busy knitting and crocheting as usual.  I am still finding that despite how bad my day is or how long and tiring it's dragging on, I still want to sit down and at least have some alone time with my yarn. :-)  And the best part of it all is that my son is now accepting the fact that Mommy needs 'Mommy Time'.  He even so much as brings me my yarn and says 'Here Mommy, here's your ball'.  Doesn't that just make you smile? Ugh, I can't get enough of that kid!!



So, really I just wanted to catch everyone up and let you know that I didn't just fall off the face of the Earth.  I'm still out here somewhere knitting and crocheting my heart out! And remember that I always welcome new ideas and inspirations from you ... I love to customize and make something that is truly unique to you and only you.

Until next time ....
~ Nykisha ~

No comments:

Post a Comment